Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Lip Crayons

These are my obsession right now, so I thought I'd review/swatch my current stash. My newest additions are these Revlon Colorburst™ 


I love them! Very pigmented and lasts long. The Lacquer Balms have a minty smell to them and they glide on easily. The Matte Balms are the most pigmented and they're basically like lipsticks to me. My go-to shades at the moment would be the Lacquer Balm in 130 Tease Séductrice and the Matte Balm in 225 Sultry Sulfureuse. They cost about $9 each but with sales and coupons I was able to buy all 5 for only $25!


If you wanna try lip balms in crayon form but don't want to pay that much, I highly recommend the e.l.f. Jumbo Lip Gloss Stick for only $2 a pop. 


The Sangria shade was my favorite for a while and I love the way the color resembles what my lips would look like if had been drinking wine. They're not as pigmented but I like that about them because it doesn't look too bold and harsh and you can build up the intensity. My only problem is I have noticed that they dry my lips more by the end of the day.


If you're down to splurge:


Clinique's Chubby Sticks are $17. They are moisturizing and I never had a problem with my lips after use. They just have glitter on them that I'm not a fan of and unless the Macys near me had a sucky collection, it seems all of shades had a bit of glitter.

My all time favorite would be my NARS Velvet Matte in Dolce Vita. This cost a whopping $25. (but I had a $25 giftcard & I only had to pay tax!) Since this is matte, they tend to dry my lips, as most matte lip products would, but nothing a touch of lip balm can't fix. This color is amazing and looks the most natural on me. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's my only one that's literally a chunky lip pencil that requires sharpening, while the rest are retractable for easy and mess-free use. 

The brand BITE Beauty are the best I've tried. My mom bought a collection of 4 minis for only $25 but she took the most wearable shade and gave me the rest. They're the most pigmented, as you can see, and that only took one swipe while the rest of the swatches was swiped on a few times. I love the creamy texture and they're also the most moisturizing but the colors I was left with are just a little too bold for everyday use. The nude is just bleh because nude lips don't look good on me. Individual full-sized cost $24 and it's on my wish list to get an everyday color. 


Hope you guys found this post helpful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment